Add item collision for selected items

Make it so you can make it so when you hold items they can collide with things like walls, so you can’t have your item clip through walls but it stops the player from moving forward instead, so it has it’s own hitbox pretty much

1 Like

I mean you can do that.

1.) Go to your selected item. Let’s use that.

2.) Go to Body types, and select selected.
3.) You can select which one it collides with either these 5. Debris doesn’t work, it has been removed from the game.

I’m misunderstanding here or no?

1 Like

I tried that and it doesn’t work for me. (My game is T2 btw)

1 Like

Also it doesn’t block you from moving into walls I don’t believe.

1 Like

It does a little bit.

Edit: 4 hours later bruh.

It doesn’t work ;-;

1 Like

It works, there’s no way it doesn’t work. Unless–

Edit:
It does block you from moving into walls, it only works if that game is old with the old items on it. For example a katana. I forked it from a old braains clone. But whenever you rotate, your item that you holding it just stays static, it doesn’t move. I’m talking about the sprite whenever you rotate your unit.

1 Like

If you try to wiggle that is.

1 Like

did u switch the entity type to dynamic???

1 Like

if it still doesn’t work do the apply force if touch touching thing

1 Like

If you don’t want the item to go into the wall, you must make it collide with Walls.
And if you think your character moves weird when holding the item, set unit anchor Y to a bigger value. The item may be colliding with its owner at that time.

2 Likes

I did make the item collide with walls. Only works a little bit. Probably in older modd.io games. I tried that.

I adjusted the item’s anchor to a certain number so that it doesn’t collides with the unit. If it did, then the unit will get push back.

2 Likes