Change The World With Scripts

The only thing that makes me feel limited in modd.io is the scripting. I would’ve much rather had an actual language that I could’ve typed like JavaScript and used that. I guess it is fine the way it is and advertised, but I don’t feel I have enough control over my games. Why not let me randomly generate a world for every server by using perlin noise and the map tiles? Why not let me change the items in the item shop every hour for a variety? It would make sense, hell, even let us create our own shops and dialogues from scratch with HTML. There could be so much more done with scripts but yet, I feel so contained. When I make a game with Unity and C# I feel more free because there isn’t just a bunch of clicking for coding. It is actually taking the time to write it and edit it to perfection, and that is what I like about it. Modd.io, you pretty much just click, occasionally typing a number or a couple words but that is it and it feels very bland to use to be honest.

3 Likes

hmm modd.io was designed for beginners though. i agree, more configurability would be nice, but at that point, why not move onto a game engine with decades of support that was designed for creating more advanced games?

1 Like

This is what is needed to retain advanced game devs in this community… So I strongly agree to his suggestion.

But definitely it should be T2 or T5 only for a while in case some hackers raid modd.io with malice.

1 Like