Constant crashing; Please Help!

For a reason I don’t know, I keep getting error messages about losing contact to the server, which send my game offline. Is there any reason for this?

or does this have something to do with internet connection?

1 Like

Can you try to find any scripts that are marked in red? If not then I will discuss this about the message.

This is unrelated to the error, as it states that the game was republished

@Mr-BigDog Were you republing your game?

It is possibily that it is a republish, even it has nothing to do with scripts

To clear some confusion, this message seems to appear at random, even when I’m not purposeful republishing the game. It occurs when I’m in the editor, while making active changes.

It will always say “Error while trying to contact server”, and it mostly seems to happen during map editing too.

This server log is shown any time it crashes. What does it mean by this?

Did you check the game engine? If it is not the engine, then I think it’s some vague error that does not have a meaning.

I do remember recently updating my game to a newer engine, but I switched it back to the older engine it used to run on, and the crashing still persisted.

I took a closer look at the server logs, and the crashes are caused by something sending a kill command to my game, which puts it offline and undo’s my changes.
I don’t know what is sending the kill commands, its not me, and I don’t know if it’s automatically sending because of error in my game.

I ruled out there being too many entities, I disabled all entity spawning scripts, and still got a crash while editing the map.

The only other reason I think it might be crashing for is if it can’t handle my map being too complex. The map for my game is pretty big, and has a lot of objects, which I’m not willing to change. So if it is the reason for the crashes, I might just have to give up development.