Game Scenes as a Suggestion

Make it a way that games can have multiple maps
AKA Scenes. This will allow for different maps to be able to be chosen without being crammed in one map, this can also allow for faster gameplay because all the units wont be on this map. It will only render the units, items and tiles on the canvas if they’re on the same scene making games faster. This can be made with an Array like this

var scenes = [map:"heyeinsh", name:"main", tiles:[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]}];

I have been asking for this feature for a while, I’m hoping this actually gets to the moddio devs!

Of course it would be cool for there to be scripts and in the settings there would be a thing that says

Main Scene: [ Main Map -v]

And the scripts being
“last opened scene by(PLAYER)”
“open scene (SCENE) for (PLAYER)”
“this scene” (for scene scripts)
“freeze scene (SCENE) for (PLAYER)”
“last selected scene”
“last closed scene by (PLAYER)”
“last triggering scene”
“when unit enters scene”(trigger)
“when item enters scene” (trigger)

And can we get a “when unit/item exits” for all the bounds, regions and if they add it scenes. It would be helpful.

3 Likes

This is kinda close to something we are planning! I dare to say our plans go a bit further than multiple maps on same game server, but won’t spoil any here.
Some good pointers here, sharing with staff (:

3 Likes

I just wanted to give yall the at least decent ideas I had while programming so yall can grow more because I feel like ideas are hard to come upon when you get far in something… or that might just be me… but cool!

3 Likes

Would the general idea of adding / removing (but not necessarily creating) copies of pre-defined maps on the fly have any representation in your plans?

1 Like

Bro woke up from the dead to this idea??? :fearful:

1 Like