How to make a shop for beginners?

I am new to coding and would like to know how to make a shop in general please.

2 Likes

Hiya!

I recommend checking out this video: - YouTube

It is alittle outdated, but the basic concept still works!

LMK if that helps!

2 Likes

Ehh I am pretty dumb I don’t even know where to begin with creating a shop and your template looks different from mine like I don’t see the environment tab anywhere.

Zombie Tower Defense - powered by modd.io - Play & Make IO games
Thats the game link if you wanna see what I mean

2 Likes

Ok never mind I created a shop but how can I access it?

1 Like

Can you clarify what you mean by access? So when you look at it in the window, you can add item types and unit types. This pulls from the entities list itself, so you will need to create Items and Unites to fill the shop. Alot of your base “Items” or “Buffs” will act as reskinned “Items” within your character itself. That is the short answer. Ill give you a more in depth explanation after my meeting. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Like a hotkey on other games you press B but I have no way for letting players access the shop.

2 Likes

Ah, I see.

So to create the key bind you will need to go into the Entities editor and into the unit that players will be using. Controls > Keybindings, and select a key for it.

Then go into the world, edit script, click Actions and your looking for: Open shop for player. Click that, click Shop and change to your shop select the player. Then return to your key bind, set it toggle down for that script, and it should allow the opening and closing of the shop.

1 Like

If you are new to modd, you will have to use legacy editor. There you will be able to create the shop in enviroment and then you can create a script to open it.

1 Like

First you need a Shop, you can find it in the Enviroment section. Now you need a script for that. You can change the name of your shop to any name. For now, let’s call the shop the ‘default shop’.

Oh, and you also need a keybind for that, you can change your keybind anywhere to A - Z. You can find that in Units, to find that it’s in the Enviroment section. If you find that, select the unit, go to the keybinding section. And once you see it, you can choose which letter you want.

This is the script:

Open default shop for ( owner of ( last ability casting unit )

Hopefully this helps, and if I’m not late that is.

2 Likes

You can also find shops in the new editor by going to the ‘Entities’ tab, then selecting the ‘world’ entity.

1 Like