Modd Coins Announcement - 2/8/2023

Major Feature Announcement

Hello! Howl here to bring you another exciting update and introduce you to Modd Coins.

These are an updated version of the coins that you already have, with one major difference:
These Coins Can Be Exchanged For Real Money

Modd Coins are our in-platform currency that allows Game Developers to monetize their Moddio creations. Create in-game items, skins, and more and trade those for Modd Coins. By spending coins in game, you support your favorite creators by helping them monetize their games within the platform.

You can purchase Modd Coins on the main Moddio website (www.modd.io) under the new Coin Shop found on the top right.

A few minor notes however:

• Remember that to exchange coins for money, the minimum amount for payouts is $20.
  • Payment is handled through Paypal (for now) so a Paypal email will be required.
  • In addition, Moddio is removing the Free Coin feature as to reduce flooding and the overall devaluing of the Modd-Coin.

So how do I get paid?

Game Creators get 90% of all Modd Coins earned from in-game item sales and skins in the game they created. 10% goes towards a transaction fee to Moddio.

Asset/Skin Creators will split that 90% earned with game creators. The Asset/Skin creator and the game creator each get 45% of all Modd Coins earned from skins/in-game sales.

I will be creating a follow-up post on the Forums explaining more in depth how Coins function and answering all of your FAQ. Feel free to ping me if you have any questions regarding Coins!

5 Likes

great nice updates m0dE

1 Like

I mean, it’s cool, but why? I mean, haven’t you lost enough money as it is :confused: lol plus you are pretty much giving spoiled children who for some reason have Paypal a reason to stay up all night doing the discord things for modd.io coins.
I mean hey I guess their parents were wrong their gaming skills can make money Lmao

1 Like

this is positive because it create more reasons to make games

1 Like

well i mean yeah but still i don’t want him to go broke oof

1 Like

how much coins is $20

2 Likes

where can i sell my 250 modd coins at

1 Like

man u see i told u lol

yea yea ik its funny

1 Like

A question.

How much is 1$ in modd.io coins.

1 Like

Around 16,000 coins. At the moment, this may sound like alot but we expect more coins to become available, and with skin sales increasing their price to compensate our team believes this is a very attainable number. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In short, 1.2$ = 1,000 Mod Coins as far as payouts are concerned.

3 Likes

250 is not enough coins to receive a payout. However, once you do obtain the required amount, you can access your payout tab within your Moddio profile. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello mode can we talk privet

2 Likes

so is there at all going to be a free way to get some modd coins(not alot just like a few) or no just wanted to ask

2 Likes

We are still discussing the possibilities of free coins internally. For our launch, we disabled it… but that is not a permanent change by any means.

3 Likes

i want the free coins again :cry:

4 Likes