No one is able to join my game

For some reason I’m unable to join my game (Magic Souls 2), nor is anyone one else. I’ve republished the game, unpublished then published it again, refreshed my page, hard refreshed my page, logged out then logged back in, and even tried logging in on a different browser, none of which worked.

The strange thing is I’m able to join the game when logged out, but no one else who tried could join when logged out. This isn’t a problem for any other game I try to join (including games where I’m a contributor/owner). It worked perfectly fine yesterday and it’s not a legacy tier, so I’m not sure what’s causing this.

Here’s the link to the game if you want to see for your self: https://www.modd.io/play/MagicSoulsII/

2 Likes

Is the problem that you’re losing connection once you join? Try turning off persistent data in Settings.

1 Like

No I don’t disconnect/crash or anything, the game just loads forever. I’m just a contributor to the game so I’ll tell the owner to try turning off persistent data, I’ll let you know how it goes afterwards.

1 Like

The most likely reason for this (that I know of) is an infinitely repeating loop. If you somehow have a loop in the code that will go on forever you never will be able to join the game. Make sure to double check there are no loops in it.

1 Like

Don’t worry that’s not the problem. Infinite loops either crash the game or at least say “unable to connect”, for me the game just loads forever. Plus I’m able to join as a user so infinte loops aren’t likely

2 Likes

what is persistent data

1 Like