Price and requirement in shop actions

Ok to be honest there’s probably a better way to optimize this as this might be too many actions but right now it’s just a concept

The ones for attributes:
change [attribute] price of [item type] in [shop] to [value]
change [attribute] requirement of [item type] in [shop] to [value]
add price to [item type] with [value] [attribute] in [shop]
remove price of [item type] with [attribute] in [shop]
add requirement to [item type] with [value] [attribute] in [shop]
remove requirement of [item type] with [attribute] in [shop]

example for the attribute section:
change [Coins] price of [Stone Wall] in [Building Shop} to [50]

The ones for item types (aka recipes):
change [item type] price of [item type] in [shop] to [value]
change [item type] requirement of [item type] in [shop] to [value]
add price to [item type] with [value] [item type] in [shop]
remove price of [item type] with [item type] in [shop]
add requirement to [item type] with [value] [item type] in [shop]
remove requirement of [item type] with [item type] in [shop]

example for the item type section:
change [Sticks] price of [Wooden Sword] in [Crafting Shop} to [5]

Yet again there probably is a better way to do this as right now there are way too many actions but if you cant add the “add/remove price/requirement” actions at least add the “change price/requirement” actions as I’m pretty sure having the change price/requirement actions would help a lot and make shops more easier to use.

5 Likes

Ok I just had another idea:

So you know the functions in the number if/else action right??? Like the “calculate” function and the “player attribute” function…

Ok hear me out guys…
get price of [item type] with [attribute] in [shop]
good idea???

You could probably just use a variable to keep track of the price but here’s an example:
change [Coins] price of [Gold Wall] in [Building Shop} to ((get price of Gold Wall with Coins in Building Shop) + (10))

so the gold wall would increase by 10 everytime you buy it (just an example)
but here’s just a list of the actions I just want added if you can’t add most of the actoins above

• change [attribute] price of [item type] in [shop] to [value]
  • change [attribute] requirement of [item type] in [shop] to [value]

These two actions above are the ones I want the most so if you’re gonna add this to the trello board, add these two actions first and add the others later idk or just optimize it to be less actions, like having a price/requirement option in the action or something. idk. this is really all just an idea

2 Likes

Changing shop prices is something that I’ve always wanted to do in previous games

2 Likes

i want to be able to eat shops!

2 Likes

make your own shop with scripts if you want to change prices

1 Like

(idk if this is technically necroposting) Yeah you can but it is far more complicated to make one because there are extra steps, and personally I want to keep the shop display cuz it looks neater rather than the dialogue display. Yes, you can also create extra items and then hide the old item and show new item with new price but personally that just creates a ton of problems so I’d rather just have these actions for simplicity’s sake

1 Like