Product Update - 2/20/2023

Release Update - February 20, 2023

:tada: New + Improvements::tada:

• Coins Feature Officially Launched: As you have seen, the Moddio coin feature was launched in the last week. The team has been adding relevant updates to the system to improve how coins function on the site.
  • Censor List Added: As you may have noticed, a new banned word filter has been added to Moddio. We know it is a tad touchy, but it serves as a baseline for moderating the Moddio platform. We will continue to edit and refine it as time goes on.
  • Recently Played Section: Find your favorite games quickly with the new Recently Played section.
  • Safe Mode: Load new editor before clicking play game button so quick changes can be made without playing the game. This also helps users fix broken scripts.
  • Added new field for gameplay instructions: This will help keep your game menu more tidy and also allow you to explain how to play the game to your players.
  • Better script action search: The search for newly added script actions in the new editor now works even when entering partial words or searching in the wrong word order.
  • Monthly earning reports for creators: Visit your coins transaction page to view a monthly report of your coin earnings.
  • Readable tier terms: Tier terms were changed to Basic, Advanced, and Global to help new creators better understand the meaning of game tiers.
  • Forum links added to in-game editor.
  • Reports added to the Debug tab.
  • All games searchable, even when not published with the exception of Hidden games.
  • Additional dropdown item added linking ‘to skin shop’ for Advanced and Global tier.
  • Disable skin submission for Basic Tier.
  • Kicked function now shows unique disconnection message instead of default “Lost Connection”.
  • Added payout support.
  • Optimized fill tool.
  • Added map out of bounds color.
  • Removed free coins button and chest. You can now claim 10 coins daily in the Moddio mobile app.
  • Sandbox now checks if cell sheet is evenly divisible by user provided column and row counts.
  • Default sorting for search on websites has been improved

:bug: Bug fixes::bug:

• Fixed: Bug causing the chat box to appear and not close.
  • Fixed: World script counter showing incorrect numbers.
  • Fixed: Optimized slow queries that were causing CPU spikes.
  • Fixed: Internal server error causing issues with social login.
  • Fixed: Switching workspace tab while mouse is held should release all keys and four mouse release event.
  • Fixed: Bug causing map to not take scale factor into account when entire map region is applied.
  • Fixed: Bug causing game to crash when buying an item while having no unit.
  • Fixed: Tab button now switches between fields when editing entity.
  • Fixed: Client crash error not functioning within attribute bar render.
  • Fixed: Bug causing UI to crash when saving or creating.
  • Fixed: Bug causing unpublished games to sudden publish themselves.
  • Fixed: Bug causing Earning Reports to not show correct data
  • Fixed: Adding contributors won’t search for users when username is copy and pasted.
  • Fixed: Users were able to ban themselves in game.
  • Fixed: Issues causing Username to change.
  • Fixed: Clicking Moderate was crashing the Editor.

Additional Announcement:

Moddio is now Open Source! You can now build inside of the Taro engine to bring your games to the next level and help Moddio grow.
Access is handled through Github, which you can find at this link: GitHub - moddio/taro2

4 Likes

i am happy for all of modd.io with all the updates to come
but still about the free coins when are em gonna be added back?
and buc i use Firefox some times the chat box does not appear so can you fix that?

1 Like

surprising news to me im glad its fixed

2 Likes

what is fixed?
lgkj; t

1 Like

the bugs
and the social login

2 Likes

and one more thing that was a quick response O_O

2 Likes

like the fire fox thing?

1 Like

The team is aware of the Firefox error. As a Firefox user myself, I can understand how frustrating it can be…

As for the Coins, we are still looking into whether or not we want to offer free coins. While the idea is certainly not off the table, it is still being discussed by the team.

2 Likes

idk about that fire fox has its own thing

2 Likes

ccg the game gave me modd coins honestly not bad

2 Likes

what is ccg?
kgh ojshg

1 Like