Skin help pls help me

when starting a game , i want to give other players different colours not the same colour but how to do that pls

1. List item

help me

1 Like

wdym with “I want to give other players different colors” do you want to change the colour of the name of the players?

1 Like

There are multiple interpretations for your problem, so I’ll just give you a brief summary of each possibility.

I. If you’re saying you want to change the colors of your name, then there is basically only one way: Duplicate Playertype.
Go to the playertype settings. You can go there by following this navigation in the in-game editor.
Entities → World (not script) → Player Types
As you cannot fork it in a second, you must manually transfer each element in the playertype one by one (in the future I hope it’ll be fixed), but change the color.
After changing, modify the “when player joins” script so that you assign the player a playertype randomly.

II. If you’re saying you want to make players dress different skins or unit color
It’ll be harder to realize, but there are still several ways to do that.

1. If you try to create a simple game, then you can use multiple Unittypes with different skins.
    You can clone the Unittype and change the image, and try to assign a player to an Unittype randomly.

It’s the easiest way I guess, but if you want to add a keybinding (such as picking up and throwing items or interacting with NPCs), you will need to add it to all Unittypes you duplicated.

1. If you don’t want to bother to change keybindings or entity scripts for all Unittypes, then you can have different animations in ONE Unittype. First, prepare an image for your unit with multiple rows or columns. You will use the image as a cellsheet. As an example, think about this image.

Then go on to import the image. You must not upload a copyrighted image.
And change the number of rows and columns in the cellsheet (in this case, the image have 3 rows and 2 columns.)

{
Next, go to the animation and
Add a frame you want to use. (Press [+] button)

And select the frame.

}

For all skin variants, repeat the process surrounded by curly brackets.
Then, try to change the players’ animation randomly when you join.

(I think it will be a correct way, but because I haven’t tried it yet, you might encounter a bug in it.
Ask me for more details.)

1 Like