Which game editor are you using?

Which editor are you folks using? As you know we’re working on making the new editor a great creator experience and are always looking for feedback.

If you are still using the old sandbox please tell us:

• what you prefer about it.
  • anything we should improve about the new collaborative editor

Oh, and in case you’ve using our new collaborative in-game editor we’re curious to hear what you like about it as well.

5 Likes

hello @minotalen his is a staff of modd.io you say what Which game editor are you using? well l dont know what to say dot but ask right now l dont know

2 Likes

the classic one, i like it more

1 Like

Yeah, old is gold.

Post must be at least 20 characters

1 Like

Hiya @RagDev1 and @s1cK. Are you using the old editor because you’re used to it or is there something about it that is better than the new one?

2 Likes

there’s something better about it in my opinion, and also camera control is better for map editing so we don’t have to walk around to edit farther portions of the map, I like that there is Live Game Editing with the new one though, but if I were to use an editor yes the old one is better in my opinion.

1 Like

hey could yall add something like Scenes, Transforming unit Width and Height and split screen cameras. That would be amazing lol

2 Likes

and it would be cool if yall were to add scripts that run offline and give us a choice to run scripts online or offline + offline games lol because there’s a lot of games that I’d like to make that are offline not online. oh the pathfinding thing too I could give yall the script for smart AI pathfinding

I’m used to it, the old editor. It’s classic.

I agree about this, you have to run around the map to edit it. But in the old editor you can use your mouse to edit your map and use your mouse to move exactly want you want to edit your map, not just running around and editing at the same time.

At least the new editor is pretty cool though.

Oh you can already use free camera though (drag the map with right mouse click, zoom with mouse wheel).

1 Like

Yes i’ve seen it now. but right now it’s just because im more comfortable with the old one

old editor = script open / test in another tab
new editor = alway need to open scripts stuff
so it would be nice if windows open itself where it was left

2 Likes

That’s a great point, I’ll bring it up with the devs. Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like