Is Basic Tier too far limited?

This is more of a rant than a criticism, so please take it with a grain of salt. I tried my best to exclude any form of harrasement or anything like it.

I feel like Basic Tier is just too far limiting and demotivating to work. You are working on something really cool, and then you suddenly encounter those VERY critical features.
Wanted to add data saving? nop. Advanced Tier only. (changed after an update, thank god)
Oh, I need to make attracting game cover. Also nope. Advanced Tier only too so… Tough luck getting players with cover image.
Oh I want a unique UI. nOpE lOl. aDvAnCeD tIeR,,,,, (you technically can though with basic tier, but im pretty sure its only with CSS)
And how am I supposed to maintain player base and get my game popular and attractive with that?

The what it seems like “must-have” features are literally locked under an Advanced Tier such as UI Customization and the worst case, and Cover Images. I know that the automated progression to advanced tier exists, but it’s hard to somehow maintain player base and quickly climbing to advanced tier when we can’t use cover images.
Do you think these or specific features have to be available regardless of game tier? Would it make development a lot easier if those features exist before hand? Think about it. Back then modd.io had everything available already for basic tier. Now it’s 2023, and we can’t even use cover images and ui customization anymore. I can understand monetization and skins, but cover images and ui customization small limitations?
I’ll include the fact we can no longer use most of the harmless HTML ingame anymore and the fact we can no longer color text anymore in top ui and center ui anymore????? (yet unconfirmed. ill be checking out today

EDIT:

A while ago, Data Saving have became a Basic Tier aswell in the latest update of 30th May, and I’m glad since this was a quite literal headache when you’re making a progression game on a Basic Tier and you can’t save data. Additionally, CSS modding is possible on basic tier, but you cannot edit landing page, dialogue boxes or custom modals themselves (which im mostly fine with, I need mostly CSS). Honestly I hope that CSS modding will remain a thing for basic tier, because sometimes, UI design matters too.

5 Likes

yes yes yes you are correct good job :100: :bomb:

1 Like

I suggested it back then and I suggest it here again rank the creator not the game.
Rookie creator has no access to image, Css, Database.
Member creator can add these to 2-3 games.
Advanced creator can do this to 4+ games ect.
if the creator proofs that they are trustworthy, let them use the full capacity of modd.

3 Likes

skill issue :laughing: :innocent: joke

1 Like

Honestly, Stab.io is my only advanced tier game, I could do this in 10 games but it will be difficult

1 Like

Does it still feel to limited now that Basic Tier games have access to data saving?

2 Likes

It’s not anymore i think.

2 Likes

Well, now that headache with data saving is gone it surely is much better than making user export data and if user forgets to export that the progress is gone (and additionally it could be manipulated/exploited to be imported with rigged stats). I can now try continuing on my concept incremental game in modd.io and implementing datasaving.

2 Likes

Ma yes that’s limited.

1 Like